WCA Hospital offers a comprehensive array of breast health services and now offers Breast MRI Exams.
MRI Imaging of the breast is performed to:
- Identify early breast cancer not detected through other means, especially in women with dense breast tissue and those at high risk.
- Evaluate abnormalities detected by mammography or ultrasound.
- Distinguish between scar tissue and recurrent tumors.
- Determine whether cancer detected by mammography, ultrasound, or after surgical biopsy has spread further in the breast or into the chest wall.
- Assess the effect of chemotherapy.
- Provide additional information on breast cancer to make treatment decisions.
- Determine the integrity of breast implants.
The technology capabilities provide:
- 20% Scan-time reduction
- Dedicated high resolution imaging coils (foot/ankle,wrist,shoulder, spine, abdomen, head/neck, abdomen, breast) providing high definition images for small anatomy and pathology.
- Patient motion correction technology (reduces the need for repeat procedures, sedation, and provides clear images for diagnosis due to patient movement).
- Improved clarity and quality of hepato-biliary system (MRCP).
- Breast imaging and biopsy capabilities.
- Improved vascular MRI imaging of the carotids, abdominal and peripheral blood vessels.
To learn more about Breast MRI or to schedule a Breast MRI exam, contact the Center For Imaging & Medical Arts At WCA, 664-8MRI (8674). A physician's order is required.