As one of the regions leaders in cancer care, WCA Hospital take the leadership role in the prevention and diagnosis of breast cancer by offering a comprehensive array of breast health services and now offers Breast MRI Exams.
MRI Imaging of the breast is performed to:
- Identify early breast cancer not detected through other means, especially in women with dense breast tissue and those at high risk.
- Evaluate abnormalities detected by mammography or ultrasound.
- Distinguish between scar tissue and recurrent tumors.
- Determine whether cancer detected by mammography, ultrasound, or after surgical biopsy has spread further in the breast or into the chest wall.
- Assess the effect of chemotherapy.
- Provide additional information on breast cancer to make treatment decisions.
- Determine the integrity of breast implants.
The New 1.5T MRI System is the latest General Electric (GE) High Definition "HD" system that improves patient care and delivers superior diagnostic results.
The new State-of-the-Art Technology capabilities provide:
- 20% Scan-time reduction
- Dedicated high resolution imaging coils (foot/ankle,wrist,shoulder, spine, abdomen, head/neck, abdomen, breast) providing high definition images for small anatomy and pathology.
- Patient motion correction technology (reduces the need for repeat procedures, sedation, and provides clear images for diagnosis due to patient movement).
- Improved clarity and quality of hepato-biliary system (MRCP).
- Breast imaging and biopsy capabilities.
- Improved vascular MRI imaging of the carotids, abdominal and peripheral blood vessels.
To learn more about Breast MRI or to schedule a Breast MRI exam, contact the Center For Imaging & Medical Arts At WCA, 664-8MRI (8674). A physician's order is required.