PLAN ENROLLMENT AND BENEFIT ELECTIONS:
Each Plan Year, usually during the month of November, you will be given the opportunity to change your coverage elections for the next Plan Year. The annual open enrollment period will begin each November 1 and end each November 30 thereafter unless the Hospital designates another period. If you do not submit a new enrollment form for the next Plan Year, you will be deemed to have elected the same Plan benefits that you had in effect on the last day of the preceding Plan Year (for example, for the 2012 Plan Year, you would have the same benefits you had on the December 31, 2011). Elections made during the Plan's annual open enrollment period will be effective beginning the next January 1.
Your election under the Plan will remain in effect for the remainder of the Plan Year unless you request a change on account of a change in status event. A change in status event includes:
- A change in your legal marital status, including marriage, death of your spouse, divorce, legal separation, or annulment;
- A change in the number of your dependent, including birth, adoption, placement for adoption, or death of a dependent;
- A change due to the commencement or termination of employment by you, your spouse, or your dependent resulting in the gain or loss of eligibility under the Plan or another employer-sponsored employee benefit plan providing medical, dental, vision and/or reimbursement account benefits;
- A change due to the reduction or increase in your hours of employment, or those of your spouse or dependent, including a switch between part-time and full-time, or commencement or return from an unpaid leave of absence, resulting in the gain or loss of eligibility under the Plan or another employer-sponsored employee benefit plan providing medical, dental, vision and/or reimbursement account benefits;
- A change due to your dependent satisfying or ceasing to satisfy the requirements for eligible dependents under the Plan;
- A change in the place of residence or work of you, your spouse or your dependent resulting in the gain or loss of eligibilty under the Plan; and
- With respect to the Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, a change due to a spouse or dependent no longer qualifying as an eligible dependent.
Also, you may modify any portion of your election affected by the following events:
- Entitlement to or loss of entitlement to Medicare or Medicaid by you, your spouse or your dependent.
- Receipt of a Qualified Medical Child Support Order which requires that you provide the child named in the Order with health care coverage under the Plan. If the required coverage is different from your current coverage under the Plan, you may change your coverage electin accordingly.
ALL CHANGE IN STATUS ELECTIONS MUST BE CONSISTENT WITH THE EVENT AND SUBMITTED ON AN ELECTION FORM NO LATER THAN 31 DAYS FOLLOWING THE DATE OF THE EVENT.