The Compassion Hours Program has been established to provide economic support to employees who are experiencing a personal or family catastrophic event.
In order to assist co-workers in a time of need, full-time & part-time employees may donate unused PTO hours to another employee. Participation in this program is voluntary on the part of any employee and one does not have to donate hours to become a recipient.
ELIGIBILITY of DONOR:
- Full-time and part-time regular employees after completion of his/her initial orientation period.
ELIGIBILTIY OF RECIPIENT:
- Full-time and part-time regular employee after the completion of his/her initial orientation period
- Recipient must have exhausted vacation and personal leave hours prior to the donation.
BENEFIT: Donated hours will be paid to the recipient at his/her hourly regular rate of pay.
- Donated hours must be in 1-hour increments.
- Compassion Hours will be counted towards the recipient's annual FMLA entitlement, if applicable.
- Employees utilizing Compassion Hours must make arrangements for direct payment of the difference, if the pay falls short of covering the employee's health insurance premiums.
- Abuse of the Compassion Program on the part of a participating employee will result in repayment of Compassion Hours to the recipient(s) and shall subject the employee to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.