Calendar of Events
Give The Gift of Life!
Donate Blood to the Community Blood Bank of Northwest Pennsylvania & Western New York.
Every donation from the Community Blood Bank stays in your community to help those you love.
Find A Drive Near You. Visit www.fourhearts.org. Click Find a Drive on their home page.
Every donation you give saves 3 Lives--won't you donate the gift of life today.
American Cancer Society In Collaboration with WCA Hospital Presents:
Look Good Feel Better
A free program that offers female cancer patients in active treatment techniques to restore their self-image and cope with appearance-related side effects.
Monday, November 17, 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
WCA Hospital Cancer Treatment Center, Conference Room
51 Glasgow Avenue, Jamestown
For more information, see press release on hospital website
Questions? Contact Toni DeAngelo, R.N. WCA Hospital Community Health & Wellness Director, 664-8677
For information or to make a donation to our support our events that benefit WCA Hospital, please contact Linda Johnson, WCA Hospital Public Relations & Marketing, at (716) 664-8614 or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
December Diversity “TID BITS”
“Human Rights Month”
“Safe Toys and Gifts Month”
- December 6th: Saint Nicholas Day (Christian): celebration of the birth of Saint Nicholas, patron saint of children and role model for gift giving.
- December 8th: Feast of the Immaculate Conception: celebrated by the Roman Catholics to commemorate the Virgin Mary’s conception as being without sin.
- December 8th: Bodhi Day: observed by the Buddhist to commemorate Gautama’s attainment of enlightenment under the Bodhi tree (India).
- December 17th - 24th: Chanukah (Hanukkah): also known as the Festival of Lights is an eight day festival recalling the war fought by the Maccabees in the cause of religious freedom and the rededication of the temple after recapturing it from the Syrians. Candles are lit on the menorah, adding one candle each night.
- December 26th - January 1st: Kwanzaa – African American holiday which is based on the agricultural celebrations of the “fresh fruits”: harvest, gathering, reverence, commemoration and recommitment.
December “Fun Facts”
Flower: Paper White
December 4th: Santa’s List Day
December 12th: Poinsettia Day
December 28th: Holiday Breather Day