Calendar of Events
Give The Gift of Life!
Donate Blood to the Community Blood Bank of Northwest Pennsylvania & Western New York.
Every donation from the Community Blood Bank stays in your community to help those you love.
Find A Drive Near You. Visit www.fourhearts.org. Click Find a Drive on their home page.
Every donation you give saves 3 Lives--won't you donate the gift of life today.
Thursday-Saturday, June 12-14
44th annual Italian-American Golf Tournament at Holiday Valley to benefit Cancer Care (Fluoroscopic C-Arm)
Click here to learn more about the Italian-American Charity Golf Tournament and help support its cause.
Monday, June 30 (Shotgun Start 9:00 a.m.)
20th annual Marie Barone Memorial Women's Golf Tournament at South Hills Country Club to benefit Marie Barone Memorial Fund at WCA Foundation for Women’s Cancer Care
Monday, July 28 (Shotgun Start 8:30 a.m.)
23rd annual LINKS Charity LPGA Pro-Amat Moon Brook Country Club to benefit Breast Cancer Care
Monday, July 28 (Doors Open 6:00 p.m., Dinner 6:45 p.m.)
LINKing Together Banquet & Auction at Moon Brook Country Club to benefit Breast Cancer Care
Tuesday, July 29 (LPGA Golf Clinic 8:00 a.m., Shotgun Start 9:00 a.m.)
LINKS Golf Scramble at Moon Brook Country Club to benefit Breast Cancer Care
Click here to lean more about LINKS Charity and how to support its cause.
Saturday, September 13 (4:30 p.m. - ?)
“Angels Among Us” at Morton Club to benefit Judy Pollino Memorial Cancer Treatment Fund at the WCA Foundation
Saturday, October 4 (Registration & Basket Auction 10:00 a.m. & Walk 11:00 a.m.)
4th annual LINKS Pink Walk at the Chautauqua Mall to benefit LINKS Charity/Breast Cancer Care
For information or to make a donation to our support our events that benefit WCA Hospital, please contact Karl Sisson, WCA Development Director, at (716) 664-8423 or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
April Diversity “TID BITS”
“Autism Awareness Month”
“Occupational Therapy Month”
- April 8th: “Ramanavami” (Hindu): Festival to celebrate the birthday of Lord Rama. This day is celebrated by telling stories and going to temple.
- April 13th: “Palm Sunday”: Celebrated by Christians to commemorate the entry of Jesus in Jerusalem. It is the sixth and last Sunday of Lent and the beginning of the Holy Week.
- April 15th – 22nd: “Pesach Passover” (Jewish): Festival celebrated each spring to recall the Jew’s deliverance out of slavery in Egypt in 1300 BC. It is a celebration of freedom, the first two nights of Passover a traditional Seder Meal is eaten and story retold and passed down from generation to generation. This is an eight day celebration during which no bread or leavened food is eaten.
- April 17th: “Maundy Thursday” (Christian): Honor of the Last Supper; when Jesus washed the feet of his disciples and established the ceremony known as Eucharist.
- April 18th: “Good Friday”: Celebrated by Christians to commemorate the execution of Jesus by crucifixion and is observed on the Friday before Easter.
- April 20th: “Easter”: Celebrates the resurrection of Jesus, his return from death after the crucifixion.
April “Fun Facts”
Flower: Sweet Pea
April 2nd: Children’s Book Day
April 5th: Fun At Work Day
April 7th: No Housework Day
April 28th: Kiss Your Mate Day
April 29th: Puppetry Day
April 30th: Hairstylist Day