Calendar of Events
Give The Gift of Life!
Donate Blood to the Community Blood Bank of Northwest Pennsylvania & Western New York.
Every donation from the Community Blood Bank stays in your community to help those you love.
Find A Drive Near You. Visit www.fourhearts.org. Click Find a Drive on their home page.
Every donation you give saves 3 Lives--won't you donate the gift of life today.
American Cancer Society In Collaboration with WCA Hospital Presents:
Look Good Feel Better
A free program that offers female cancer patients in active treatment techniques to restore their self-image and cope with appearance-related side effects.
Monday, November 17, 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
WCA Hospital Cancer Treatment Center, Conference Room
51 Glasgow Avenue, Jamestown
For more information, see press release on hospital website
Questions? Contact Toni DeAngelo, R.N. WCA Hospital Community Health & Wellness Director, 664-8677
For information or to make a donation to our support our events that benefit WCA Hospital, please contact Linda Johnson, WCA Hospital Public Relations & Marketing, at (716) 664-8614 or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
October Diversity “TID BITS”
“Breast Cancer Awareness Month”
“AIDS Awareness Month”
“Dental Hygiene Awareness Month”
- October 3rd: Hajj (Islam): the annual Muslim pilgrimage to Makkah; observed by the Muslims as the festival of sacrifice marking the day after Arafat.
- October 3rd – 4th: Yom Kippur celebrated by the Jewish as the holiest day in the Jewish calendar, also known as the Day of Atonement and is observed with strict fasting and ceremonial repentance.
- October 4th: Saint Francis Day: Christians celebrate Saint Francis as the founder of the Franciscan Monastic Order for his services to the people and for appreciation of the natural world.
- October 4th: Dussera (Dasera) celebrated by the Hindus to commemorate Ram’s victory over evil.
- October 4th – 7th: Eid al-Adha or Feast of Sacrifice: is the most important feast of the Muslim calendar. It concludes the Pilgrimage to Mecca. Eid al-Adha lasts for three days and commemorates Ibrahims willingness to obey God by sacrificing his son.
- October 8th – 15th: Sukkot (Jewish) also known as the Feast of Tabernacles, celebrated by the Jewish to commemorate the years that the Jews spent in the desert en route to the Promised Land and celebrates the way in which God took special care of them under difficult circumstances.
October “Fun Facts”
October 4th: Toot Your Flute Day
October 10th: Tuxedo Day
October 11th: ER Nurses’ Day
October 27th: National Music Day
October 28th: Make A Difference Day