Calendar of Events
Give The Gift of Life!
Donate Blood to the Community Blood Bank of Northwest Pennsylvania & Western New York.
Every donation from the Community Blood Bank stays in your community to help those you love.
Find A Drive Near You. Visit www.fourhearts.org. Click Find a Drive on their home page.
Every donation you give saves 3 Lives--won't you donate the gift of life today.
Media One Group, Maplevale Farms, & WCA Hospital Host
SOUPer Bowl Sunday
Sunday, January 25, 2015. 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Lakewood Rod & Gun Club (433 E. Terrace Avenue, Lakewood, NY)
20 Area Restaurants & Caterers showcase their homemade soups
Music by DJ's Unlimited & Basket raffle & More Awaits You
All proceeds benefit Robotic Surgery at WCA Hospital
To purchase tickets, contact Megan D'Angelo, WCA Director of Development (716) 664-8423.
Look Good Feel Better Program For Women Facing Cancer
Presented by the American Cancer Society & WCA Hospital
Monday, February 9, 2015. 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
WCA Hospital Cancer Treatment Center, Conference Room
51 Glasgow Avenue, Jamestown
FREE PROGRAM. Please call to register 1-800-227-2345.
24 Hour Skate
Jamestown Savings Bank Ice Arena
Feb. 27 starting at 7pm. Feb. 28 ending at 7pm
Non-stop hockey games for 24 hours in the JSBA
Come Have Fun! Go Red for Women Fashion Show Food | 50/50 Raffles | Basket Raffle | Comedy | Live Entertainment | Fun Family Activities & Much More!
$10 person. $30/family. Kids 12 and under FREE!
Go to www.JamestownArena.com to get your tickets today!
Portion of proceeds benefit WCA Heart Center.
WCA Hospital Diabetes Education
Fun for the whole family! You and your family, friends, and neighbors are encouraged to attend!
Tuesday, March 24, 2015 Noon to 3:00 p.m.
51 Glasgow Avenue (follow the Open House Signs)
Jamestown, NY 14701
Free Screening, Entertainment, Snacks & More
Questions? Contact Linda Johnson, WCA Hospital Public Relations at (716) 664-8614.
For information or to make a donation to our support our events that benefit WCA Hospital, please contact Linda Johnson, WCA Hospital Public Relations & Marketing, at (716) 664-8614 or e-mail, email@example.com.
December Diversity “TID BITS”
“Human Rights Month”
“Safe Toys and Gifts Month”
- December 6th: Saint Nicholas Day (Christian): celebration of the birth of Saint Nicholas, patron saint of children and role model for gift giving.
- December 8th: Feast of the Immaculate Conception: celebrated by the Roman Catholics to commemorate the Virgin Mary’s conception as being without sin.
- December 8th: Bodhi Day: observed by the Buddhist to commemorate Gautama’s attainment of enlightenment under the Bodhi tree (India).
- December 17th - 24th: Chanukah (Hanukkah): also known as the Festival of Lights is an eight day festival recalling the war fought by the Maccabees in the cause of religious freedom and the rededication of the temple after recapturing it from the Syrians. Candles are lit on the menorah, adding one candle each night.
- December 26th - January 1st: Kwanzaa – African American holiday which is based on the agricultural celebrations of the “fresh fruits”: harvest, gathering, reverence, commemoration and recommitment.
December “Fun Facts”
Flower: Paper White
December 4th: Santa’s List Day
December 12th: Poinsettia Day
December 28th: Holiday Breather Day