Calendar of Events
Give The Gift of Life!
Donate Blood to the Community Blood Bank of Northwest Pennsylvania & Western New York.
Every donation from the Community Blood Bank stays in your community to help those you love.
Find A Drive Near You. Visit www.fourhearts.org. Click Find a Drive on their home page.
Every donation you give saves 3 Lives--won't you donate the gift of life today.
American Cancer Society In Collaboration with WCA Hospital Presents:
Look Good Feel Better
A free program that offers female cancer patients in active treatment techniques to restore their self-image and cope with appearance-related side effects.
Monday, July 21, 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Monday, September 15, 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Monday, November 17, 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
WCA Hospital Cancer Treatment Center, Conference Room
51 Glasgow Avenue, Jamestown
For more information, see press release on hospital website
Questions? Contact Toni DeAngelo, R.N. WCA Hospital Community Health & Wellness Director, 664-8677
Monday, July 28 (Shotgun Start 8:30 a.m.)
23rd annual LINKS Charity LPGA Pro-Amat Moon Brook Country Club to benefit Breast Cancer Care
Monday, July 28 (Doors Open 6:00 p.m., Dinner 6:45 p.m.)
LINKing Together Banquet & Auction at Moon Brook Country Club to benefit Breast Cancer Care
Tuesday, July 29 (LPGA Golf Clinic 8:00 a.m., Shotgun Start 9:00 a.m.)
LINKS Golf Scramble at Moon Brook Country Club to benefit Breast Cancer Care
Click here to lean more about LINKS Charity and how to support its cause.
WCA Hospital Presents Free Program:
Nutrition Every Cancer Survivor Should Know About
Wednesday, August 6, 2:00 p.m.
WCA Cancer Treatment Center, 51 Glasgow Avenue, Jamestown
Instructor: Bethann Holthouse, MS RD, Registered Dietitian
Who Should Attend? Patients diagnosed with cancer undergoing surgery, chemotherapy or radiation treatment,. Cancer survivors and their families. Healthcare givers. General public.
Registration Encouraged or for questions, Call WCA Hospital Wellness, (716) 664-8677.
Thursday, August 14 (Doors Open 6:45 p.m. for Meet & Greet Reception, Concert 8:00 p.m.)
Ron White presents Margo Rey in Concert “Celebrities Conquering Cancer” on Bemus Bay Floating Stage to benefit Breast Cancer Care
TICKETS AVAILABLE: www.bemusbaypops.com or
WCA Hospital Center for Imaging (716-664-8301)
Saturday, September 13 (3:00 - 11:00 p.m.)
“Angels Among Us” at Morton Club to benefit Judy Pollino Memorial Cancer Treatment Fund at the WCA Foundation for Ovarian Cancer Care
Saturday, October 4 (Registration & Basket Auction 10:00 a.m. & Walk 11:00 a.m.)
4th annual LINKS Pink Walk at the Chautauqua Mall to benefit LINKS Charity/Breast Cancer Care
Sunday, October 19 (Sign In & Basket Raffle 12:00 noon, Bowling 1:00 p.m.)
Framed in Pink: Bowling Over Breast Cancer at Jamestown Bowling Co. to benefit Breast Cancer Care
For information or to make a donation to our support our events that benefit WCA Hospital, please contact Karl Sisson, WCA Development Director, at (716) 664-8423 or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
July Diversity “TID BITS”
“French American Heritage Month”
“Hot Dog Month”
“National Blueberry Month”
- July 3rd: Asala – Dharma Day (Buddhist): commemorates the anniversary of the start of the Buddha’s teachings.
- July 9th: Martyrdom of the Bab (Baha’i): anniversary of the Bab’s execution in Tabriz, Iran in 1850.
- July 13th – 15th: Obon (Shinto): Japanese Buddhist festival to honor deceased ancestors. Involves lighting of bonfires, traditional meals, paper lanterns, folk dances.
- July 18th: Lailat UI Qadr (Islam): celebrated by the Muslims in the last ten days of Ramadan to commemorate the first revelation of the Holy Quran. It is also known as the night when destinies are decided and Muslims pray to Allah for a good destiny.
- July 29th – 31st: Eid al Fitr: Muslims celebration commemorating the ending of Ramadan. It is a festival of thanksgiving to Allah for enjoying the month of Ramadan. It involves wearing the finest clothing, saying prayers and nurturing understanding with other religions.
July “Fun Facts”
July 1st: Build A Scarecrow Day
July 5th: Workaholic’s Day
July 6th: Fried Chicken Day
July 10th: Pina Colada Day
July 11th: Swimming Pool Day
July 27th: Hula Hoop Day
July 28th: Hamburger Day