Calendar of Events
Give The Gift of Life!
Donate Blood to the Community Blood Bank of Northwest Pennsylvania & Western New York.
Every donation from the Community Blood Bank stays in your community to help those you love.
Find A Drive Near You. Visit www.fourhearts.org. Click Find a Drive on their home page.
Every donation you give saves 3 Lives--won't you donate the gift of life today.
American Cancer Society In Collaboration with WCA Hospital Presents:
Look Good Feel Better
A free program that offers female cancer patients in active treatment techniques to restore their self-image and cope with appearance-related side effects.
Monday, September 15, 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Monday, November 17, 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
WCA Hospital Cancer Treatment Center, Conference Room
51 Glasgow Avenue, Jamestown
For more information, see press release on hospital website
Questions? Contact Toni DeAngelo, R.N. WCA Hospital Community Health & Wellness Director, 664-8677
Saturday, September 13 (3:00 - 11:00 p.m.)
“Angels Among Us” at Morton Club to benefit Judy Pollino Memorial Cancer Treatment Fund at the WCA Foundation for Ovarian Cancer Care
Saturday, October 4 (Registration & Basket Auction 10:00 a.m. & Walk 11:00 a.m.)
4th annual LINKS Pink Walk at the Chautauqua Mall to benefit LINKS Charity/Breast Cancer Care
Sunday, October 19 (Sign In & Basket Raffle 12:00 noon, Bowling 1:00 p.m.)
Framed in Pink: Bowling Over Breast Cancer at Jamestown Bowling Co. to benefit Breast Cancer Care
For information or to make a donation to our support our events that benefit WCA Hospital, please contact Karl Sisson, WCA Development Director, at (716) 664-8423 or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
September Diversity “TID BITS”
“National ADHD Awareness Month”
“National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month”
“Childhood Cancer Awareness Month”
- September 1st: Ecclesiastical (Orthodox Christian): Church Year begins.
- September 8th: Feast of the Blessed Virgin Mary – Birthday: Roman Catholic, Orthodox and Anglican churches mark this day to celebrate the birthday of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- September 11th: Patriot Day (USA) in honor of the 9-11 event.
- September 14th: Holy Cross Day: (Christian): Commemorates and recognizes the Cross on which Jesus was crucified as the main symbol of Christianity.
- September 16th: Mexican Independence Day: Commemorates the 1810 revolution that ended Spanish dictatorship.
- September 24-26th: Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) is at time of introspection, abstinence, prayer and repentance.
September “Fun Facts”
September 5th: Be Late For Something Day
September 18th: THANK YOU DAY
September 22nd: Elephant Appreciation Day
September 24th: Rabbit Day
September 25th: One Hit Wonder Day