As a Patient:
- Limit visitors to keep your room quiet for you and your roommate.
- Send your money and valuables home with family or have them put in the hospital safe. You should only keep enough money for TV, newspapers, etc. (Staff can not be responsible for lost or damaged items).
- Smoking is not permitted in any WCA Hospital facilities.
- Consider your roommate's comfort when you use the TV, overhead lights, etc.
As an Outpatient:
- Bring a family member or friend to stay with you and take you home. They may be asked to wait in a waiting room during your procedure (Children should not accompany you to the procedure.)
- Wear casual, loose fitting clothing.
- If you wear glasses or contacts, bring a case for them.
- Listen to and read the discharge instructions given to you. Feel free to ask questions.
- Your physician will determine when you can be discharged.
- The results of your procedures and tests will be given to you by the physician who ordered them.
- For copies of test results, contact Medical Records at 664-8147 or your physician.