Interventional Radiology Center
Advancing Medicine and Improving Outcomes
What is Interventional Radiology?
Interventional radiology is a rapidly growing area of medicine. Interventional Radiologists use x-rays, ultrasound and other medical images to guide needles and other small instruments throughout the body. These procedures are performed to diagnose and treat disease and are a much less invasive option than other traditional methods.
Who are Interventional Radiologists?
Interventional radiologists are physicians who specialized in performing medical procedures that involve radiology. They are board certified radiologists that are fellowship trained in percutaneous interventions using guided imaging. Their specialized training is certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
What are the Advantages of Interventional Radiology?
- Most procedures can be performed on an outpatient basis or require a short hospital stay.
- General anesthesia is rarely required.
- Risk, pain and recovery time are significantly reduced compared to traditional surgery.
These new procedures provide you with the best health care experience possible. Pain and recovery time is often reduced, allowing you to return to work and normal activities more quickly.
Common Interventional Radiology Procedures Performed at the Center
With a small skin nick, a laser catheter and imaging technology, varicose veins can be eliminated.
Now, painful broken bones of the spin can be treated by injecting bone cement using a minimally invasive interventional radiology technique.
Involves placing long flexible tubes or catheters into blood vessels to diagnose problems such as blockages. These blockages can often be treated with balloon catheters or stents in a treatment called Angioplasty.
Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE)
An alternative to a hysterectomy for bleeding or painful fibroid tumors of the uterus, is a minimally invasive, targeted treatment called Uterine Fibroid Embolization. It offers less risk, less pain and a shorter recovery time.
This web site contains the more common interventional radiology treatments. Additional treatments and special procedures are performed at the Interventional Radiology Center. Call (716) 488-3047 for additional information on treatments and special procedures.
You Have Choices...
Our specially trained interventional radiologists work with you and your physician to provide evaluation and treatment for a wide range of conditions including:
- varicose veins,
- uterine fibroids,
- peripheral vascular disease,
- deep vein thrombosis, and
- vertebral compression fractures.
What Does the Center Offer?
- Private Office Consultations
- Patient Follow-up After Treatment or Intervention
- Board Certified Radiologists
- Highly-skilled Nurses and Technologists
- Pleasant and Comfortable Atmosphere
- Sophisticated Technology
- Easy Appointment Scheduling
Our quality sets us apart, our customer friendly service brings us together
Call (716) 488-3047 and we'll complete the pre-authorization and schedule your appointment.
Getting You To Your Appointment
Directions To Interventional Radiology Office:
From Foote Ave., Turn on to Allen Street
Go Past WCA Hospital to Sherman Street. Turn Right
Then turn left into parking lot
Go to main registration
What to Expect During Your Appointment
- A general review of your medical history and medications (bring a list of all your current medications).
- A brief physical examination.
- Education on treatment options before and after the procedure.
- Radiology images may be reviewed and any questions answered. (Please make arrangements in advance to obtain your radiology files if they were not performed at WCA.)
Choose WCA 1st...
Talk to your physician - then talk to us!
KNOW YOUR OPTIONS... (716) 488-3047