The moment you enter the UPMC Chautauqua WCA Sleep Center, a Respiratory Therapist will greet and escort you to your sleep center private room. Your bedroom is equipped with a full size bed, a private bath and a shower area.
Once you are comfortable, the therapist will explain the sleep study procedure. Your sleep patterns will be monitored from a separate control room throughout the night. When you awake, you will be able to prepare for the day ahead.
Your test results will be sent to your doctor. Schedule a follow-up appointment with your doctor to discuss your results.
What are the benefits?
- Treatment of sleep disorders helps reduce your risk for:
• Heart Disease
• High Blood Pressure
• Driving or Work-Related Accidents
- Increases deep, fulfilling sleep
- You wake up feeling rejuvenated and energetic
- Increases your mental awareness
- Decreases moodiness, irritability and drowsiness
Care and concern for the patient is our top priority. Most sleep disorders can be effectively treated. Referral to other specialists may be recommended to aid in treatment. They provide sleep apnea solutions for your home care needs including:
- Education and service of sleep apnea equipment.
- Sleep Center monitoring equipment and supplies.
- Set-up and follow-up service.
- Explanation of insurance coverage.
- 24-hour service to answer all your questions.
Do You Need a Sleep Study?
|Have been told that you stop breathing while asleep.||Suffer from depression.|
|Wake up gasping for air.||Have trouble concentrating.|
|Your partner complains that you often snore loudly.||Often feel tired.|
|Have difficulty falling asleep.||Fall asleep at inappropriate times; while driving or at work.|
|Are overweight.||Take frequent naps.|
|Have high blood pressure.||Walk in your sleep.|
|Wake up with headaches.||Experience involuntary body movement while asleep.|
Physician referral required.
UPMC Chautauqua WCA Sleep Center
To schedule an appointment, call (716) 664-8430