A Time To Celebrate!
2,000 Attend New Emergency Department Grand Opening
- A 18,000-square-foot patient-centered environment that is efficient, spacious, comfortable, and technologically
- Interior décor that enhances the healing process with expansive windows, decorated and furnished with warm, pleasant and soothing colors.
- Large sunlit waiting areas, adorned with commissioned art work from local artists which celebrate the history and natural surroundings of our region.
- Mobile bedside registration to speed access to care and enhance patient privacy.
- Fast-Track service for minor emergencies and illnesses.
- 28 high-tech private patient treatment areas and two triage rooms, with sliding glass doors and curtains to ensure privacy.
- Specialty treatment areas including, Trauma/Resuscitation Rooms, Bariatric Patient Treatment Room, Behavioral Health Suite, and private Consult/Bereavement Rooms.
- Centralized nurse stations
- Laboratory services
- Patient nutrition stations
- Physician dictation stations
- Isolation room in which to evaluate patients with potential airborne infectious diseases.
- Decontamination suite for patients who have been exposed to biological, chemical and radiological agents.
- State-of-the-art emergency monitoring technology, including 32 wall-mounted LED-backlit LCD televisions, 50 wide screen flat panel LED monitors, tracking board monitors, and a security system featuring a DVR, cameras, and monitors.
Staffed by a team of board certified physicians, led by Tanvir Dara, M.D., FACP, FACEP, Medical Director of the Emergency Department, alongside a highly experienced and specialized team of expert nursing and support staff, the new Emergency Department will be a place of medical excellence.
“Our goal is to deliver the best emergency experience possible in the shortest period of time,” said Emelia Lindquist, R.N., WCA Emergency Department Nurse Manager. “Our new Emergency Department offers fast access to vital emergency services. Every consideration was given to create a calming environment as well as providing the technology and space that our emergency team needs to work efficiently and effectively. Our new Emergency Department will provide comfortable, first-class accommodations for our patients and families from the front door to the bedside.”
“We look forward to serving our community in the finest Emergency Department,” added Dr. Dara. “Not only will our patients and their families experience a new building, they will also benefit from improvements to the patient care experience.”
The new Emergency Department officially opened its doors to the community on Tuesday, November 13th. In photo Brenda Ireland (2nd from left) and Betsy Wright (far right) present the commemorative key used during the Grand Opening celebration for the new Emergency Department on September 23rd to Emelia Lindquist (left) and Dr. Dara.
Our WCA Family, charitable foundations, businesses, organizations, and individuals from Jamestown and the surrounding communities have donated generously to support the construction of our new Emergency Department at WCA Hospital.
“Without our incredible staff and supporters, few of our accomplishments would be possible or celebrated,” said Betsy. “We want to extend our special thanks to our WCA Family and our kind-hearted charitable community who have made our dream a reality. Our new Emergency Department would not have been made possible without the hard work and dedicated efforts of so many individuals. To everyone who has supported our fund-raising, planning and construction efforts, we say thank you from the bottom of our hearts.”
Brenda Ireland, WCA Board of Directors chair added, “This is a very proud moment for WCA Hospital and the patients and families we serve throughout the Chautauqua County region. Every beam that has been placed in our new Emergency Department; every high-tech piece of medical equipment that has been installed; and every wall surface that has been painted; has contributed to the creation of this amazing new healthcare environment in which healing and comforting will soon take place. Of course, none of this would have been possible without you. We are truly grateful.”
WCA Hospital’s 21st Century Emergency Department is now complete. To date, WCA has surpassed the 88% mark by securing $14.5 million toward the $16.5 million capital campaign goal and is accepting gifts and pledges payable through 2013. To make a gift to support Sharing the Gift of Health: The Capital Campaign for Our Emergency Department, please contact Karl Sisson at (716) 664-8423 or visit www.wcahospital.org.