High Quality & Personalized Emergency Care 24 Hours A Day
Call 911 if you have a medical emergency.
WCA Hospital Emergency Department
Hours: Open 24/7
Location: 1st Floor, rear of main hospital. Entrance off Prather Avenue
Parking: Adjacent from Emergency Department Entrance
The new Emergency Department features:
- A 18,000-square-foot patient-centered environment that is efficient, spacious, comfortable, and technologically advanced.
- Interior décor that enhances the healing process with expansive windows, decorated and furnished with warm, pleasant and soothing colors.
- Large sunlit waiting areas, adorned with commissioned art work from local artists which celebrate the history and natural surroundings of our region.
- Mobile bedside registration to speed access to care and enhance patient privacy.
- Fast-Track service for minor emergencies and illnesses.
- 28 high-tech private patient treatment areas and two triage rooms, with sliding glass doors and curtains to ensure privacy.
- Specialty treatment areas including, Trauma/Resuscitation Rooms, Bariatric Patient Treatment Room, Behavioral Health Suite, and private Consult/Bereavement Rooms.
- Centralized nurse stations
- Laboratory services
- Patient nutrition stations
- Physician dictation stations
- Isolation room in which to evaluate patients with potential airborne infectious diseases.
- Decontamination suite for patients who have been exposed to biological, chemical and radiological agents.
- State-of-the-art emergency monitoring technology, including 32 wall-mounted LED-backlit LCD televisions, 50 wide screen flat panel LED monitors, tracking board monitors, and a security system featuring a DVR, cameras, and monitors.
Specialized Emergency Care When Seconds Count
From cuts and sprains to life-threatening emergencies, the WCA Hospital Emergency Department is staffed 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Staffed by a team of board certified physicians, led by Michael Faulk, M.D., board-certified in emergency medicine, Medical Director of Emergency Department, alongside a highly experienced team of 75 doctors, nurses and staff that are specially trained and certified in emergency medicine, the new Emergency Department is a place of medical excellence.
A New Model of Care
The goal of the new state-of-the-art Emergency Department is to deliver the best emergency experience possible in the shortest period of time. Every consideration was given to create a calming environment as well as providing the technology and space that our emergency team needs to work efficiently and effectively. The new Emergency Department provides comfortable, first-class accommodations for patients and families from the front door to the bedside. Not only will patients and their families experience a new state-of-the-art facility, but they will benefit from improved patient experience of care and communications.
Sharing the Gift of Health
Our WCA Family, charitable foundations, businesses, organizations, and individuals from Jamestown and the surrounding communities have donated generously to support the construction of the new Emergency Department at WCA Hospital. The WCA Family extends special thanks to all of the kind-hearted charitable community, employees, physicians, and volunteers who have made our dream a reality.
WCA Hospital’s 21st Century Emergency Department is now complete. To date, WCA has raised nearly 90% mark by securing $14.7 million toward the $16.5 million capital campaign goal and is accepting gifts and pledges payable through 2013. To make a gift to support Sharing the Gift of Health: The Capital Campaign for Our Emergency Department, please contact Megan D'Angelo at (716) 664-8423 or visit www.wcahospital.org.