Chartered in 1885, the Woman's Christian Association of New York was founded as a boarding house for young working women and a one room hospital for its residents and other sick or injured persons. From these humble beginnings, WCA continued to grow and expand to meet the ever changing needs of the community.
For more than a century, WCA has provided quality care and the most modern equipment for screening, diagnostics and treatment. It serves a rural population expanding from western Cattaraugus County, throughout Chautauqua County and to the northwestern part of Warren County, Pennsylvania.
The WCA School of Nursing graduated its first nurse in 1890. The school continued until 1964 when it closed its doors in favor of the Associate Nursing Degree Program at the Jamestown Community College. A total of 799 nurses graduated from the WCA school.
WCA Hospital of Jamestown is Southwestern New York’s largest not-for-profit healthcare provider, offering an extensive range of inpatient and outpatient acute and rehabilitation services. WCA is accredited by The Joint Commission and American College of Radiology and is approved by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
View our history:
Click Here to